Saturday, July 7, 2018

Spending a day on a new hobby

As you've already noticed, I am such an engineer and I try to use engineering knowledge in my daily life. This can sometimes be boring, my hobbies are unfortunately only related to that. My mum is an artist and she is very talented, and being her daughter I have no idea how untalented I could be. Now that I have plenty of time for myself I tried to do some (easy) art.

The process was pretty easy. Paint the wood tray with white, until it looks flowless. To make that possible I painted the tray and let it dry for like an hour and repeated this whole day. Second step was sticking the special paper to the tray and painting with transparent coating.

This picture is after 3 times painting.

This picture is at the end of the day when it was almost flawless.

Final product - TAA DAA
So here are a few things I learnt from this day;

1. If you want to use your other side of the brain, there are unlimited options. Start with the easiest and cheapest option. Think about what you always wanted to do and what can be the beginning for the big dream.

2. I did this activity on a Sunday and I was on and off working on a paper. It was so relaxing to coat the tray as I took break every hour. And as I went back to working, I felt completely refreshed.

3. Once it is done, you feel accomplished.

4. You don't have to invest much, just look around and see what you have.

I highly recommend trying a new hobby to feel accomplished and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment