Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Things to Avoid on your Linkedin Profile

Linkedin is one of my favorite so called "social media". I love the idea of following professionals that are inspiring without even knowing them. It is awesome how we can learn so much from them without knowing anything about their social life. I am using Linkedin actively and here is a few thing I don't really like;

1. Summary

It is great if you have a personal summary, it lets people have a general idea of who you are and what are you up to. If you mention that anyone should feel free to contact on your summary (of course for professional reasons) and you end up never replying, thats not nice.

2. Using it like other social media

There are a few people I added because few of the information that showed up on my home page was amazing. After networking with such person, I realized that they are posting every hour or so about their personal things which has no relation to their field of profession. I unfortunately ended up unfollowing them. We all get enough of that in Facebook or Instagram.

3. Link your profile to other social media

This is one thing I totally don't understand and will appreciate if anyone has logical explaination. You can be perfect in your field, you can be a great influence but why would anyone want to add you on other social media platforms? If you need another place to present your work, ideas etc open a blog page or even a website. This will sure make it more professional and reliable and you will be saving your social identity.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an expert on how social media should be used but I am against misusing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment