Sunday, June 17, 2018

Dan Brown - Origin

Dan Brown is one of my favorite authors. I find it very practical that he fits usually 24 hours into a 500 page book. His main character for the past few books, Robert Langdon who found body with Tom Hanks, is making reading easier to visualize.

Even though this book, Origin has been published last year, I finished reading the past January and here is my take away (no spoiler)

- It was the most realistic book - I love reading about his theories however, not knowing if they are right is a bit disappointing. In this book, he built his story around something we are living today.

- Power of science over religion - Even though I highly believe we all should be involved in science, religion is something very personal and it should be kept private without judgement.

- Barcelona - Most of the story takes place in Barcelona, luckily I had a visit to Barcelona a year ago and I could literally visualize the places as the book went further.

I only have one negative feeling after the book is over, which is that it is so hard to be satisfied by another book after finishing his. If you are looking for a book that will transport you, I highly recommend it, not only as one of his fan, but also as a researcher who is enjoying the latest technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment