Saturday, March 31, 2018

4 Reasons why we need a side job?

As you know I am currently working as a structural engineer in a design firm. It is my full time job and I make a good enough salary. Besides this, I am conducting research as time allows. There are a few things I wish I could do on daily basis and sometimes it is not possible.

I describe a side job as an ending project that increases excitement. If it is boring and "I have to do it", it is more of an assigned job. A side project should add something to both your social and professional career in my opinion.

The idea of a side job might mean;

1. An extra earning

Why not earn a little extra cash and save it for summer vacation? Or even something smaller like a present for yourself. Yes, but buying yourself that go-pro you always wanted.

2. Useful hobby

If you describe a side project like me, it will eventually increase your creavity.

3. Time management

By doing a side job, you can find a better work-life balance to increase your productivity.

4. A back-up plan

You never know what happens in life. You may have saving and plan B or even C but once shit hits the fan, it at least psychologically takes some time. Once you have something you can rely on financially and as a habby, this will make the situation easier until you make a realistic plan and take action.

Even though currently my only financial income is through my full time job, I am trying to add something to myself everyday that I can start using as a side job.

No comments:

Post a Comment