Monday, April 2, 2018

Gym Visits 3 Times a Week as an Office Employer

I am an engineer and I chose to work at an office. This literally means, sitting 8 hours a day. We all know how dangerous it is to sit for a very long time. We all know it is the new smoking. There are some solutions like stand-up desks or replacing office chairs with pilates balls. Lets come to the reality. How many of offices actually support those? Even if they do, most of us feel very embarrased to use those. Short term effects of "sitting too long" starts with back and body pains. We try to increase blood circulation outside work hours.

I wanted to get a gym membership this year to get in shape for my wedding and also to lose the 10kgs I still have from the time of my master's degree from Texas (yes, everything was big there and I never regret it).

Here's is what happened after I started going to the gym;

1. I no longer have back pain

I mainly do cardios and it is enough to sweat off the "poison". I believe this is one of my biggest gain because I suffer a lot from back pain.

2. I feel happy

Not only because of the increase of endorphine, but knowing that I did something for myself made me a better person.

3. Reduced stress

No matter how easy life is for you, we all have stress on daily basis with different intensity. After a tough day, tiring my body makes me a better person and I have good energy for the loved ones at home.

Whatever it is you like to do, just set a side 3-4 hours a week for yourself and you will see your life changing in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment