Saturday, April 28, 2018

Why do we take some time off, sometimes?

We all take time off from something we like to or have to do. This can be as small as not reading for a few days to something like not working for some months. I am currently getting ready for a my wedding and re-locating right after the wedding. I have to work until the last week of the wedding to keep myself financially safe, find myself freelance jon until I get work authorization in this new country and I have to adopt to a new adjective, being a wife, taking another surname, making a huge change in my life. While I am trying to do all that, I let go of some things.

I love writing here, I couldn't for sometime, I don't even think about it anymore.
I started gym but can barely go as the wedding date gets closer.
I have drafts of few article, I haven't even made time to proofread them.
I am following a few blogs on weekly basis, and haven't visited them in weeks.

Not doing what I mentioned above is enough to tear me down because I feel like I am not using my time efficiently. This feeling makes me feel less confidence. All of this changed recently when I came across a quote that said "take break instead of quitting". It summarized everything I am going through. I love doing all of the above, I am just at a very special phase in my life and I need to take somethings off my plate, temporarily. I know after the wedding I will have enough time to build great habbits and find path I enjoy.

If you ever feel overwhelmed, give yourself some time. Do what you really have to (don't give up on your health) and the rest will shape once again in time. We all are humans and we are emotional creatures. If there is one thing that will keep us above AI robots, that is our emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment