Saturday, May 4, 2019

Lecture on Happiness

As a PhD student at Hasselt University, PhD students are part of the doctoral school, which is a mandatory series of lectures, courses etc on personal and technical development. Last week, there was an event named PhDrinks, which invites all the PhD students once a year for some socializing which includes a lecture and a reception. This year the lecture was on "Happiness at work" by the author of World book of happiness Leo Bormans. I am leaving a link of his personal Webpage here if you are interested in knowing more about him and his books.


26 April 2019, Happiness at work, Hasselt University


I highly believe happiness comes from inside, sometimes from small things, sometimes from things that take longer. I personally don't find motivational videos inspiring, and highly believe action can bring happiness or whatever you call it (I am not promoting my University here - which has a logo saying Knowledge in Action, but maybe there is a reason why I ended up here). After an hour of the lecture, I realized that the moments I feel happy, I should just stop for a while and enjoy it. 

After 1 hour of lecture, I felt a lot centred and was very thankful for the work I have and the people I am surrounded with. It reminded me of 1 thing I believe, if you don't like it, change it, if you can't change it, move on with something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment