Wednesday, June 13, 2018

How freelancing job affected my life style?

Soon I have to re-locate and change continents. For this reason I quit my full time job 5 weeks ago. I was responsible for two 60 000 square meter projects, for this reason I spoke with my manager 2 months before the date I was expecting to quit.

I learned from embassy that it will take me approximately 6 months to get work authorization in this new place. Assuming I will find a good job in 3 months, I have 9 months of free time. I have been independent way too long and thinking I will not have any financial and career income didn't make me feel good. For this reason I asked my manager if he would be supporting me to work freelance on one of this projects. This was a very risky decision. In an industry job sometimes project conditions change few times a day. I know myself pretty well and I was confident enough that I will be able to handle whatever is needed.

Here are the major changes that happened;

1. My concentration improved

This was something I expected pretty much. I made myself a small home-office in my parents flat. I just assign myself a task for the day and depending on importance, if it needs to be done in work hours, I structure my day around it. This affected also my productivity.

2. I started enjoying life

This was again something I was expecting but was a little worried that I would have to work less productively. Once I know what to do for each day, I know how much time I have for myself.

3. Emotional balance

Emotions effect concentration and productivity in my case. I am a lot calm now and hopeful for my goals.

4. Time management

Now I have time to go out and have fun, take care of myself and keep moving forward in my career and long term goals.

5. Personal Improvement

Time management has a huge impact on this point. I have plenty of time to read books I've been keeping off for awhile. I am starting new hobbies, walking as much as I can.

After experiencing this adventure only for 5 weeks, I am highly motivated to support that we need more freelance jobs and give people life style flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment