Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Publishing a Paper from your Master's Thesis Part:1

This was an unsolved question on my mind since graduation (Dec 2016). I had few weeks after my defense where I could just write it and get over with it. Instead I chose to party because those were my last days in College Station, Texas and I may not see my friends soon. I do not regret not writing my paper that time, most probably I was not ready to go under another big responsibility such soon and I was dealing with moving, changing continents, culture shock etc.

Months started passing by and my main motivation of not finishing my paper was my advisor was switching jobs and he would never have time to review it. Once you are at an industry job, time passes very fast and you barely know where life is taking you until you came to a point that you are no longer happy where you are. I am not sure if or when I am going back to school, but one thing I know for sure is I am a better person at research than an industry job. I prefer to just stay at a corner and get my work done with less interaction as possible.

Now when I look at my resume/CV I see that gap of not having such a unique line on it. I love the saying "better late than never" so I am back at it. The main question on my mind was, is it really possible to publish from master's thesis. Will I be repeating myself? What are the limitations? I am currently working on these questions and as soon as I find the answers I will share them here along with challanges I faced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment